Monday, October 12, 2020 / by Breanna Thornton
Mini Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 15 mins Makes: 20 rolls
1 17oz.package (2 sheets) store-bought puff pastry-thawed
1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree (place pumpkin puree on several layers of paper towel, wrap and press to soak excess moisture)
¼ cup light brown sugar
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon all-spice
2 egg yolks
1) Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) To make the pumpkin pie filling in a bowl stir together reduced pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg allspice and egg yolks to blend evenly.
3) Unfold puff pastry on lightly floured surface, spread out the sheet so that it is flat. Roll out just slightly, using a rolling pin, then spread half of filling on each sheet.
4) Starting on the wider side with a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut into long triangles (triangles should be about 2 ¾ -3 inches wide and about 9-10 inches high).
5) Gently roll each triangle into a crescent and arrange onto the baking sheet leaving 2 ½ inches apart.
6) Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
From Vera @ OMG.Chocolate.Desserts
Header image from kfdi.com